9/11

• Sharebar

Americans Missing in Iraq and 9/11

• Posted on: 10 September 2011
  • By: susie dow

The longest missing American in Iraq is a contractor by the name of Kirk von Ackermann. Von Ackermann was a former counter terrorism officer, who served in the Asymmetric Threat Division, or DO5, at Joint Forces Command while in the US Air Force. In August of 2003, he went to Turkey to work for a logistics company serving US military bases in the Tikrit region of Iraq. Several hours after a meeting at a base outside of Balad, Iraq, his vehicle was found abandoned on an isolated road between Tikrit and Kirkuk.

The eight year anniversary of his disappearance is next month, on October 9. He left behind a wife and three young children. At the time, they were preparing to move to Turkey.

Kirk von Ackermann's former intelligence unit, DO5, is in the news today.

New Documents Suggest DoD Watchdog Covered Up Intelligence Unit's Work Tracking 9/11 Terrorists
By Jeffrey Kaye and Jason Leopold
Truthout, September 9, 2011

In Memoriam

• Posted on: 7 September 2011
  • By: Aaron Barlow

[With the 10th anniversary coming this weekend, I want to re-post something I wrote as soon as I returned to my store from the Brooklyn Heights that morning.]

As I walked from teaching in Brooklyn Heights this morning, someone said that one of the World Trade Center towers had collapsed. We had heard the sirens in class; a couple of students discovered through their cell phones that planes had hit the towers, so I knew that a tragedy was in progress. But I refused to believe that either of the towers could collapse.

I walked to the promenade over the East River where it joins the Hudson, where one normally sees a magnificent panorama centering on lower Manhattan. I wanted to prove to myself that both towers still stood.

Glenn Beck calls Fox Owner a 9/11 terrorist! He is going to get FIRED for this!

• Posted on: 3 June 2010
  • By: MinistryOfTruth

It finally happened. Glenn Beck has gone too far for his right wing owners. How do I know that? Because he just blamed 9/11 on one of the guys who pays his salary.

Watch the video here.

The guy Beck is blaming for 9/11 is one of his bosses, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who just happens to be the largest stockholder of Fox News who isn't a member of majority owner Rupert Murdoch's family.

Calling your boss a terrorist who is responsible for 9/11 can't be good for your job security, can it?

Transcript and more below the fold

The Big "Con": Taliban take Pakistan and its "Another 9/11"

• Posted on: 10 May 2009
  • By: MichaelCollins

The Big "Con"

Taliban About to Defeat Pakistan,

Take Control of Nukes, and It's Another 9/11

Michael Collins

A strange feeling of déjà vu arises while listening to the administration sell further U.S. military intervention in Pakistan (our Predator drones are already there).

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Michael Mullen claimed in late March that Pakistan's intelligence service has "close links with al Qaeda and the Taliban network." In fact, Mullen warned, the Pakistani intelligence service, ISI, is "offering logistical support to them (the Taliban)."

Confessions of a Madman -- that Cheney wants public?

• Posted on: 30 April 2009
  • By: jamess

Originally posted 2009-04-29 22:38:30 -0500. Promoted by carol.

Those extra 2 docs that "justify the policies of the past", that Cheney is so interested in, looks like one of them was already released.

I didn't believe the "A to Z" Confessions of the the "9/11 Mastermind" then. I'm not inclined to believe them now.

But you be the judge.

Obtained: Cheney’s Request Form Detailing The Two CIA Torture Docs He Wants
The Plum LineGreg Sargent's blog

Looks like Cheney may be after a doc that supposedly details what top Al Qaeda official Khalid Muhammad revealed under torture.

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/torture/obtained-cheneys-request-detailing-the-two-cia-docs-he-wants/

Klalid M. wasn't he the dude, with the frumpy sleepware, and the wild hairdo?

Gen. David Petraeus and envoy Richard Holbrooke

• Posted on: 28 March 2009
  • By: jimstaro

Originally posted 2009-03-28 06:35:20 -0500. Bumped by carol.

Last night the News Hour carried a report and the discussion with Petraeus and Holbrooke.

This is the site page link where you'll find the transcript as well as the links for audio and video.

This link will give you their Video Player to watch from here.

There is No win in this now debacle. One thing about warfare these last couple of decades, outside of the bloviated power hawks talking tough to each other as others are sent to do the actual fighting, is every invasion turns to Guerilla Insurgency. It's lost as soon as the Bombs start dropping, the Missiles Destroy, the Military Invades, 'Hearts and Minds' turn to Hate as their countries are destroyed but more important as their Loved Ones and Friends and Fellow Citizens are Blown To Bits or Cut Down by the Bullets Sprayed, than add in the arrests of Innocents, the Blackhole Worldwide Prisons and most of all Torture, Innocents become Enemies Real Fast, Real Fast! They either fight back or support those who do! It becomes an extreme uphill battle to win back a majority of those 'Hearts and Minds'!!

Self-Proclaimed Heroes & Lessons in Humility

• Posted on: 5 October 2008
  • By: schoolpsyc

Promoted for the discussion of herosism and humility because there are many of those we often overlook every day in our own lives -

So much is going on right now, with a complicated election, touching us all. But the attacks on one's character and patriotism have been particularly repugnant. It seems that within the divisiveness of McCain's pursuit of the presidency, the integral constructs of both honesty and humility have been lost.

Remembering a 9/11 the GOP wants you to forget: Community servants raced TO tragedy at WTC

• Posted on: 17 September 2008
  • By: luaptifer

organically homegrown from grassroots, by luaptifer and cho

While the City fled in terror, true heroes struggled to get to where half a thousand of them ended up giving their lives trying to make the rest of us safe. Seven years later, the morning's crystal clear beauty was the metaphor of authentic American spirit. That spirit is there in the photo below, no matter what charred edifice is in the foreground, and it adrenalized the hundreds of first responders and volunteers in their final acts, acts of true heroic community service.

After seven paradoxical years, most Americans solemnly honored the service of both dead and surviving emergency responders on September 11th, 2008. But just one week before, that spirit was betrayed by desperate politicians attempting to tarnish an opponent, but, instead, trashed the fundamental backbone of an America which rushes to help those in need.

"What in God's name is a community organizer? I don't even know if that's a job."

Before 9/11 - Taliban - al Qaeda

• Posted on: 20 August 2008
  • By: jimstaro

The National Security Archive has just released a Load of Files Electronic Briefing Book No. 253 Posted - August 20, 2008 under the title: 1998 Missile Strikes on Bin Laden May Have Backfired with a subtitle: Extensive 1999 Report on Al-Qaeda Threat Released by U.S. Dept of Energy, Taliban Told U.S. They Wanted to Bomb Washington

With backlinks to the PDF's and more links in the sidebar on the left.

9/11 Truth Movement vs. 9/11 Truth: Or, who are these people and why do they keep yelling at me?

• Posted on: 3 April 2008
  • By: David Rovics

I found myself once again singing at an antiwar rally two weeks ago, and once again being confronted by a red-faced white man with an ominous hand-written sign reading, "9/11 was a lie." Most of the crowd was filing off for the post-rally march, aside from a few of my loyal fans who were sticking around for the rest of my set. Among them was the red-faced man, apparently not a fan, who walked towards the small stage with the wild-eyed certainty of a zealot.

Alleged Hero finally Admits Guilt in 9/11 Fraud

• Posted on: 28 March 2008
  • By: schoolpsyc

promoted for exposure - roxy
originally posted 2008-03-27 23:36:33 -1000

I have been following a very sad case of 9/11 fraud for several years now, never quite believing that the wheels of justice would ever turn. While I've had difficulty generating mainstream interest in this story, the person who perpetuated the fraud (Scott Shields) has caused irreparable damage to the typically unheralded heroes who are always there for us at devastating urban disasters .... such as that at Ground Zero following the infamous 9/11 attacks.

Military Proposes Execution for Key Guantanamo POW's

• Posted on: 11 February 2008
  • By: carol white

Right! You can't call them prisoners of war, they were enemy combatants or better yet detainees. The news is that the military is seeking the execution of six prisoners at "G'itmo" (that's another cozy sounding word.) There is a slight problem for the military in that the prisoners would have access to the civilian appeals court process.

9/11 Truth Manifesto

• Posted on: 19 December 2007
  • By: statusquobuster

9/11 Truth Manifesto

Joel S. Hirschhorn

For evidence that America’s political system is a criminal conspiracy, open your mind to piles of new analyses that prove beyond doubt that the official 9/11 story is a lie. Years of a bipartisan cover-up of 9/11 lies make it much more than one horrendous past event. It endures in infamy as a symptom of a corrupt and dishonest government.