Presidential Primaries 2008

• Sharebar

President Jimmy Carter Tells Hillary to "Give it Up" (W/Video)

• Posted on: 25 May 2008
  • By: NCDem Amy

As Hillary continues to vow to stay in the race, the pressure and calls for her to withdraw increase.

President and Superdelegate Jimmy Carter, while hinting at an Obama endorsement, told Sky News that he expects the remaining super delegates to endorse right after the last primary and "at that point [June 3], it'll be time for her to give it up."

The Race for Delegates is NOT Over

• Posted on: 27 January 2008
  • By: jamess

Delegate rules in Super Tuesday states might not produce clear front-runners

In a two- or three-person race such as the Democrats', proportional allocation means candidates will win some delegates in virtually every state, raising the possibility of a tie, or at least an unsettled race, after Super Tuesday. If there's no final decision on Super Tuesday, operatives in both parties said, attention would turn to primaries in Texas and Ohio on March 4, in Pennsylvania on April 22 and in other states.

Edwards aims to "Reverse the War On Work"

• Posted on: 25 January 2008

John Edwards is still focusing on Issues that matter to Working Families!

like the Economy ... like Taxes.

All the while the GOP continues to "debate" that "only MORE Corporate Tax Cuts will create Jobs and keep the Economy strong!"

Hmmm ... Where are all those Jobs, by the way?

Billions in Tax give aways to the Rich, for the last 5+ years, only seem to have strengthen the Rich, it seems to me.

Haven't we seen this Movie before?

• Posted on: 22 January 2008

originally posted 2008-01-21 12:29:56 -0500

I have promoted and bumped this post because I think it is really important in light of last night's Democratic debate. For more of my thoughts see my comment below.

I feel I've seen this movie before ...

The players are different, but the set is the same.

The puppeteers and myth-makers are out in force, pulling those strings and spinning those myths.

Media Consolidation -- a Historical Perspective

• Posted on: 18 January 2008

Media Reform Information Center

In 1983, 50 corporations controlled the vast majority of all news media in the U.S.

in 2000, the number had fallen to six. Since then, there have been more mergers and the scope has expanded to include new media like the Internet market. More than 1 in 4 Internet users in the U.S. now log in with AOL Time-Warner, the world's largest media corporation.

Edwards Evening News RoundUp: the Fight for America's Middle Class!

• Posted on: 13 January 2008

Thanks for tuning in once again, hopeful Americans

And welcome to what John Edwards has called "the Fight for America's Middle Class". This is a fight to reclaim a Voice in our Democratic process -- to speak up for those people, who need a Champion, like you and me.

1st a Question: Who is the Middle Class?

Edwards Evening News RoundUp: Some Things are STILL Worth Fighting for!

• Posted on: 4 January 2008

Well that was quite the statement in Iowa!

Thanks to record turn out to the Iowa, the "Candidates of Change" got over two-thirds of the Votes!

According to the New York Times, nearly twice the Dems turned out this time:

Why Edwards will make a great President!

• Posted on: 31 December 2007

promoted by Carol. I recommend not missing the end which gives a very personal perspective of what the Edwards campaign represents.

When you ask people who are the Great American Presidents, you are likely to get a lot of different answers -- JFK, FDR, Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, among others.

But why do People name them? What did they do that was extraordinary?

All Presidents face challenges -- but why do some of them "rise to the occasion, and excel beyond all expectations?"

What is it that makes them Leaders?

Edwards Evening News RoundUp: the Something Happened Edition

• Posted on: 30 December 2007

I've noticed a lot of grumblings around "the Internets" lately, about all these "partisan" Candidate Diaries -- hogging the limited real estate of the Recommended List.

Out of respect to that Audience, those who have had their fill of Candidate News,

Here's the Executive Summary:

"Stuff happened in the Edwards Campaign."

Edwards Evening News RoundUp: Why I'm with Edwards Edition

• Posted on: 23 December 2007

This edition of EENR will be a little different. I will be reporting the latest News on John Edwards of course, BUT with a focus on the WHY's behind the Edwards headlines.

Why are people supporting John Edwards, anyways?

Don't these people know that the National Polls and the Media already have scripted out how this Election is supposed to turn out?

Silly People, thinking they should actually be able to make up their own minds! Imagine that -- the People actually picking their own Leader! (And NOT having one Picked for them!)

Edwards Evening News RoundUp: Middle Class Rising

• Posted on: 20 December 2007

Edwards Evening News RoundUp: Middle Class Rising

The Edwards campaign is picking up steam, and a lot of people are noticing, even some of the Media. That Poll yesterday showing Edwards in the Lead in Iowa at 30%, certainly helped to get people talking. The Chris Matthews Interview with Edwards in New Hampshire was certainly a breath of fresh air too.

John Edwards: They aren't going to just give their power away

• Posted on: 16 December 2007

John Edwards:

This isn't about petty politics or good intentions.

Corporate greed and influence in Washington are stealing our children's future.

The moral test of our generation is whether we're going to allow this broken system to go on without a fight or take on corporate greed and stand up for the middle class and American jobs before it's too late.

They aren't going to just give their power away.

Saving the middle class is going to be an epic battle, and that's a fight I was born for.

Sergeant Bruhns trusts Edwards the most to end the War

• Posted on: 13 December 2007

The Hill:

Bruhns volunteered for the Army infantry after the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, hoping to go to Afghanistan.

Instead, he found himself in the lead of the Army’s invasion of Iraq. He left the Army as a sergeant in 2005, moved to Northern Virginia and began lobbying against the war.

His blunt-spoken military bearing seemed to enhance his credibility on the war issue. In April, he won a MoveOn.org contest with an anti-war video ...

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/anti-war-veteran-criticizes-groups-opposed-to-iraq-war-2007-11-28.html

Edwards Evening News RoundUp: Real Leaders take Stands

• Posted on: 8 December 2007

Our Country needs, Hope ... yes very much so.

Our Country also needs Competence in SO many Government Positions of power ... NO more 'Heck of Job -- Brownies' PLEASE!

But the one thing America needs even more than Hope and Competence -- it's Real Leadership!

What is Real Leadership made up of?

More Compromise and Committee meetings? (I hope not)

Media Fanfare and soaring rhetoric? (nice, but ...)

Pages