Last seen: 3 years 4 weeks ago
Originally posted 2009-04-29 22:38:30 -0500. Promoted by carol.
Those extra 2 docs that "justify the policies of the past", that Cheney is so interested in, looks like one of them was already released.
I didn't believe the "A to Z" Confessions of the the "9/11 Mastermind" then. I'm not inclined to believe them now.
But you be the judge.
Obtained: Cheney’s Request Form Detailing The Two CIA Torture Docs He Wants
The Plum LineGreg Sargent's blog
Looks like Cheney may be after a doc that supposedly details what top Al Qaeda official Khalid Muhammad revealed under torture.
Klalid M. wasn't he the dude, with the frumpy sleepware, and the wild hairdo?
Well CBS covered this startling Breaking News, when Khalid Muhammad confessed to everything from Anthrax to the Shoe Bomber.
The CBS Pressed the Release from the CIA report, complete with Bow and everything.
9/11 Mastermind's Confession
March 15, 2007
The suspected mastermind of 9/11, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, confesses to a military tribunal that he has been involved in more than 10 years of terrorist activities. Susan Roberts reports.
Well Rosie O'Donnell took a lot of flack for "not buying" the "1 man planned it all" storyline. If only she knew at the time, about all the Water Boarding that convinced Klalid to spill all those beans ...
Rosie defends 9/11 mastermind
Suggests U.S. tortured, 'robbed him of humanity' to get false confession
MEDIA MATTERS - March 15, 2007
Rosie O'Donnell, hosting ABC's popular "The View" morning show, came to the defense of terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed today, suggesting the government elicited a false confession from the 9/11 mastermind by using torture, robbing him of his humanity and treating him like an animal.
SO what did this "Master Mind" actually confessed to, that Cheney says, "if it were only public it would prove that Torture works"?
The 31 Flavors of Baskin Robins, has nothing over the 31 Plots, that were foiled by, our Executive Ordered 24-techniques.
According to the BBC, these confessions were a matter of public record, at the Terrorist's "Guantanamo Trial":
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's '31 plots'
15 March 2007 - BBC News
The alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, has admitted his role in them, and 30 other terror plots around the world, in a hearing at Guantanamo Bay, the Pentagon has said.
1. The 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York City that killed six people and injured more than 1,000.
2. The 11 September 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in Washington using four hijacked commercial airliners. Nearly 3,000 people were killed.
3. A failed "shoe bomber" operation to bring down two US commercial airliners.
4. The October 2002 attack in Kuwait that killed two US soldiers.
5. The nightclub bombing in Bali, Indonesia that killed 202 people.
6. A plan for a "second wave" of attacks on major US landmarks after 9/11 attacks. Alleged targets included the Library Tower in Los Angeles, the Sears Tower in Chicago, the Plaza Bank building in Seattle and the Empire State Building in New York.
7. Plots to attack oil tankers and US naval ships in the Straits of Hormuz, the Straits of Gibraltar and in Singapore.
8. A plan to blow up the Panama Canal.
9. Plans to assassinate former US presidents including Jimmy Carter.
10. A plot to blow up suspension bridges in New York.
11. A plan to destroy the Sears Tower in Chicago by burning fuel trucks beneath or around it.
12. Plans to "destroy" Heathrow Airport, Canary Wharf and Big Ben in London.
13. A planned attack on "many" nightclubs in Thailand targeting US and British citizens.
14. A plot targeting the New York Stock Exchange and other US financial targets after 9/11.
15. A plan to destroy buildings in Elat, Israel, by using planes flying from Saudi Arabia.
16. Plans to destroy US embassies in Indonesia, Australia and Japan.
17. Plots to destroy Israeli embassies in India, Azerbaijan, the Philippines and Australia.
18. Surveying and financing an attack on an Israeli El-Al flight from Bangkok.
19. Sending several "mujahideen" into Israel to survey "strategic targets" with the intention of attacking them.
20. The November 2002 suicide bombing of a hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, frequented by Israelis. At least 14 people were killed.
21. The failed attempt to shoot down an Israeli passenger jet leaving Mombasa airport with a surface-to-air missile on the same day as the hotel bombing.
22. Plans to attack US targets in South Korea, such as US military bases and nightclubs frequented by US soldiers.
23. Providing financial support for a plan to attack US, British and Jewish targets in Turkey.
24. Surveillance of US nuclear power plants in order to attack them.
25. A plot to attack Nato's headquarters in Europe.
26. Planning and surveillance in a 1995 plan (the "Bojinka Operation") to bomb 12 American passenger jets, most on trans-Pacific Ocean routes.
27. The planned assassination attempt against then-US President Bill Clinton during a mid-1990s trip to the Philippines.
28. "Shared responsibility" for a plot to kill Pope John Paul II while he visited the Philippines.
29. Plans to assassinate Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf.
30. An attempt to attack a US oil company in Sumatra, Indonesia, "owned by the Jewish former [US] Secretary of State Henry Kissinger".
31. The beheading of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, who was kidnapped in Pakistan in January 2002 while researching Islamist militancy.
I have no sympathy for actual terrorists -- they've earned whatever Justice they deserve. But ascribing all these terrorist plots, to only 1 man, who was subjected to constant Waterboarding, is either extremely Niave, or just plain Stupid.
Justice deserves a real Trial, with Real Evidence.
Our National Security, deserves Real Investigations, and NOT simplistic Scape Goats, to dismiss the past.