Find out more about ePluribus Media.

Trending on ePluribus Media

Home

GOP

The Reason Why the Congress "Did Nothing" ...

It is SO Important to pay attention to Down Ticket races, if we really want to put America on a New Track.

Even though Democrats won a slim majority in the House and Senate in 2006, the GOP has been able to block most of the New legislation that the Democrats have been authoring on behalf of the American People.

The Republican Strategy for the last 2 years, "Run against the Do-Nothing Congress in 2008".

How? By blocking nearly every Bill from Passing in the Senate, under the pretext of Debate, otherwise known as the Filibuster. Make the jump»

Obama fighting hard for Indiana

Originally posted on 2008-10-20 09:35:50 -0500. Bumped by Carol. I think that we are seeing the fracturing of the Republican Party and none to soon. Colin Powell's endorsement should help the process along even further.

If Indiana turns blue at last, it won't be simply because of overwhelming turnout in Lake County or the Democratic cities like Indianapolis and Bloomington. If Indiana turns blue, it will be because Indiana Hoosiers are disgusted with the Bush Administration... and because Obama has run a terrific ground offensive in this state. He has done what many (including myself) might have thought impossible: he is making serious headway in the wealthy Republican suburbs that ring Indianapolis: Make the jump»

The 'chubby' little Voter Felon!!

was arrested on voter fraud charges.

And I would say this little chubby 25yr old is a true blue 'chickenhawk' along with being of criminal mind, or why isn't he in the military defending the 'homeland'!!

Ontario police arrest man in voter fraud case

Signature-Gatherer Arrested In Voter Fraud Make the jump»

Open Thread -- Threats to the Status Quo Edition

For more information about the artist, check out her debut on ePluribus Media here. Thank you.

Adult? Male Palin Supporter

Seems a few taking pics at a Palin rally hit on the same rational of who are these Sarah Palin supporters and the mentality of the group think.

I visited After Downing Street and Dave has a post up there from a curious woman wanting to find out for herself what was attracting people to Palin, certainly isn't her intelligence, experience nor non-writin rhetoric while at these rallies.

Though apparently those who are flocking to her seem to be on the same intelligence level. Make the jump»

Open Thread: Passive Electioneering

I came across this article: GOP fights "passive electioneering" at the polls I kinda wondered what the heck is passive electioneering because I have never heard the term. Leave it up to the righteous GOP to drag up a little known law from yesteryear regarding candidate advertising POP at the polls...pins, hats, T-Shirts, etc.

I've got to say this is really going to make a huge difference to people....AAAAANGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHT.

excerpt: Make the jump»

POWs' Plea

Last night the Rachel Maddow MSNBC show had a couple of clips about a very important legislative bill that passed in the House of Representatives on monday Sept 15 '08.

The bill is H. R. 5167 which had 38 co-sponsors with only 3 being Republican.

The bill's name is: Justice for Victims of Torture and Terrorism Act

But watch a video, of which I combined two of her reports together, that will explain further. Make the jump»

Remembering a 9/11 the GOP wants you to forget: Community servants raced TO tragedy at WTC

organically homegrown from grassroots, by luaptifer and cho

While the City fled in terror, true heroes struggled to get to where half a thousand of them ended up giving their lives trying to make the rest of us safe. Seven years later, the morning's crystal clear beauty was the metaphor of authentic American spirit. That spirit is there in the photo below, no matter what charred edifice is in the foreground, and it adrenalized the hundreds of first responders and volunteers in their final acts, acts of true heroic community service.

After seven paradoxical years, most Americans solemnly honored the service of both dead and surviving emergency responders on September 11th, 2008. But just one week before, that spirit was betrayed by desperate politicians attempting to tarnish an opponent, but, instead, trashed the fundamental backbone of an America which rushes to help those in need.

"What in God's name is a community organizer? I don't even know if that's a job."

Make the jump»

Two Mules for Sister Sarah?

Bumped. -- GH

From The Irish Times

"The right wing is coming home," former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan said on MSNBC. "From the fever swamps and the forests, they're all coming home to Sister Sarah."

Yes, the 'publicans have a pet name for their newest star -- Sister Sarah. I immediately got a mental picture of Shirley McClain riding a mule:

Any of you who have seen the movie know that the "Sister" turns out to be a whore. I think I would have found a different nickname. Make the jump»

FactCheck.org on the GOP, McCain, Palin and the 2008 Republican National Convention

It's delightful when there's an online resource that puts the facts at one's fingertips:

1. FactChecking McCain

He made some flubs in accepting the nomination.

2. GOP Convention Spin

Lieberman and Thompson make misleading claims about Obama on Day Two of the party in St. Paul.

3. GOP Convention Spin, Part II

Palin trips up on her facts, and Giuliani and Huckabee have their own stumbles on Night 3 of the Republican confab.

4. Maverick Misleads

A McCain ad comparing Palin to Obama isn't all above board.

*The above URLs and descriptions are taken directly from FactCheck dot org.

Sometimes, it helps to have the guidebook handy.

For more information, see this previous post by TXSharon.

GOP Destroying World-Class Wisconsin University System

Wisconsin used to take pride in its university system supported by a bipartisan consensus to create a world-class educational facility.

Now, under the leadership of today's GOP-led state Assembly, the University of Wisconsin-Madison and its sister campuses are under assault, deadly assault.

From the blog Waxing America: Make the jump»

The Dogs of Holy War

Balboa found the Pacific, and on the trail one day
He met some friendly Indians whom he was told were gay
Soooooooooooooo
He had them torn apart by dogs on religious grounds they say
The great nations of Europe were quite holy in their way

--Randy Newman, "The Great Nations of Europe"

I managed to catch just enough of a replay of the recent ABC GOP presidential debate to hear Fred Thompson say that we won in Afghanistan. I made the sound of one jaw dropping: not so much over what Thompson said, but because not one of the other candidates batted an eyelash.

They didn't contradict Thompson, or take him to task for being senile, or roll their eyes and make one of those "Grandpa smells funny again" faces. I have to conclude that they all think we won in Afghanistan, or that they know better but don't want to admit that we're actually still there and still losing. In either case, this episode illustrates one of the major reasons we don't want any of the Republicans currently running for president as our next commander in chief. They're either disconnected from foreign policy realities or they refuse to recognize the ones they don't like.

We've had enough of that sort of thing. Make the jump»

Not your father's GOP...

Now the GOP in Virginia wants votes to sign a promise to vote for who ever wins the state Primary. Even if you don't like the person or don't want the person in office, they want you to sign a promise to vote for the person.
If I was still in the Republican Party, and I went in to vote and they pushed that on me, I'd tell them to fold it five ways and put it where the sun don't shine. Make the jump»

Syndicate

User Tweets

. @conservJ #Bush, #GOP broke #economy; #Obama stopped the freefall. We're recovering in spite of #GOP opposition. #p2 #facts @ShanelsWrite 1 year 50 weeks ago
David (not so) Allbright works for ISIS. So does Sterling Archer. #WhatsInAName #Archer #GOP #p2 #tlot #tcot #TeaParty http://t.co/hCy4pD3X 1 year 50 weeks ago
More about non-expert David Allbright: http://t.co/fCXBLb6R He's 1/2 baked & dangerous. #p2 #Iran #nuke #FAIL #tlot #tcot #GOP #TeaParty #HA 1 year 50 weeks ago
. @FreedomWorks Here's 2 images to hang ur hat on: 1) We are better off 2) Huddled Masses http://t.co/3X1GX4e4 #p2 http://t.co/3jeRb5fD 1 year 50 weeks ago
. @FreedomWorks Ur idea of fiscally #conservative #Republicans crashed R #economy & fought to prevent #recovery. #StopTheGOP #DumpTheTea #p2 1 year 50 weeks ago