Discussion -- For the Record: A Response to Attorney Christopher J. Christie
On Feb. 8th 2008, US Attorney Christopher J. Christie submitted a letter to the court in the matter of the United States vs Wayne Bryant.
In the letter USA Christie attacks the Political Profiling study that is being done by Donald Shields, Ph.D., stating the study is "deeply flawed and inherently unreliable".
This is the response from Dr. Shields. As he explains the premise of the study and the methodology used, he evicerates USA Christie's arguments. Give it a read, then come back here to discuss.
- For the Record: A Response to U.S. Attorney Christopher J. Christie's Brazen Critique of the Political Profiling Study of the Bush/Ashcroft/Gonzales DOJ
For additional reading, check out 2008 begins with new investigations into Fired U.S. Attorneys by Cho. After the flip, a short list of additional coverage by ePluribus Media on the political profiling and politicization of the Department of Justice.
Fact checked, edited and sourced articles on the ePluribus Media Journal:
- The original story, where we provided the who, what, where and important background onThe Gonzales Seven
- The background information on the March 2006 reauthorization of Patriot Act's effect and impact on how U.S. Attorneys are appointed, by ClammyC The Alberto Gonzales Appointments: How the Process Has Changed and Why this is so Important
- The lapse of Republican Senators McCain and Kyl's nomination of Diane Humetewa as a replacement for Gonzales Seven Charlton Alberto Gonzales: Gaming the System Again in Arizona?
- 04-15-07 The Voting Rights Act, Voter Disfranchisement and the Tail Wagging the Dog.
- 05-07-07 Resurrecting Jim Crow: The Erratic Resume of the Voting Section Chief
- 05-11-07 Dismantling Voting Rights Enforcement
- 05-21-07 Voter Rights: Is Robert Popper the Fox Guarding the Henhouse?
And from the Community site, a whole bunch more:
- Duke1676's speculation on the whys in The Gonzales Seven: Update and Thoughts
- A recap of what we knew about the replacements, with a chart to keep score The Gonzales Seven: The Replacement U.S. Attorneys
- Roxy's piece of Bogden, spotlighting his career as U.S. Attorney, The Gonzales Seven: Spotlight on US Attorney Daniel Bogden's Resignation
- Keep Yer Vote Thievin' Hans Off (the FEC): Action Alert!
- Investigating Voter Fraud; Disenfranchising Voters -- Now Montana
- Voter Fraud and Fired U.S. Attorney Paul Charlton
- Those pesky U.S. Attorneys who refuse to investigate Voter Fraud
- Voter Fraud, U.S. Attorneys and Republican Integrity
- DOJ Civil Rights Lawyer Receives Cash Award for Suppressing Minority Voters
- Civil Rights Justices -- The real Scandal behind the US Attorneys
The scope and depth is stunning, but we cannot afford to lose sight of it, nor to ignore the important work of people like Dr. Shields.