Past Pieces and Random Reminders: Re-recapping the US Attorneys, Voter Fraud and More
Just for kicks and giggles, here's some past pieces that came up when searching on the term "Prosecutor Purge" using the ePluribus Media search function:
- Of Lawyers, Guns and Money: GOP DOJ Guts Justice for All [REPOST from 2007]
... the Inspector General (IG) or a special prosecutor has been enlisted. One bright and promising exception to this ... Times examined Gonzales’ record beyond the U.S. Attorney purge and the FBI’s Patriot Act violations: – Gonzales “repeatedly ...
commentary - GreyHawk - 06/24/2008 - 22:23 - 1 comment - 0 attachments
... Implicates White House : E-Mails Hint at Involvement in Prosecutor Firings, Officials Say by Carrie Johnson, Washington Post Staff ... week on an in-house investigation into the 2006 political purge of federal prosecutors during President Bush's second term all but
commentary - GreyHawk - 10/01/2008 - 13:11 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
Fourth Of July Reflections
commentary - GreyHawk - 07/05/2008 - 13:04 - 1 comment - 0 attachments
Has anything been resolved yet on that? No? ...maybe it's time folks started thinking back, and pushing for a bit more housecleaning so that we can address the problems facing our nation without past impediments cropping up to slow our progress.
The topics were also discussed elsewhere, with interesting speculations on where the evidence went -- for example, this comment thread excerpt on DailyKos:
...evidence that raw information from such illegal activity could have been used to formulate the basis for the Prosecutor Purge and certain political caging activity or to target "soft" political targets for coercion; there could be discoverable information on the RNC emails that indicate by direct citation the level of abuse.
That's a seriously good, important point there, litigatormom...
What else is the WH protecting on the RNC emails it won't release...?
GreyHawk on Sun Jul 29, 2007 at 03:22:44 AM PDT
The RNC servers at the least have e-mails that discuss the data-mining, and quite possibly the political uses to which it is being put. At the worst, which with these guys is always a significant possibility, the servers also house those parts of the database that are being used by the Creators of the Perpetual Republican Hegemony.
by litigatormom on Sun Jul 29, 2007 at 05:05:53 AM PDT
It was part of this longer comment stream that discussed impeachment which, at the time, should have (imo) still been an option.
And, of course, there's still more about the US Attorney purge and some of the high-tech shenanigans that accompanied it. Much of it ties back to and overlaps some of the big GOP efforts to invoke (and avoid) charges of voter fraud and manipulation:
Fact checked, edited and sourced articles on the ePluribus Media Journal:
- 04-15-07 The Voting Rights Act, Voter Disfranchisement and the Tail Wagging the Dog.
- 05-07-07 Resurrecting Jim Crow: The Erratic Resume of the Voting Section Chief
- 05-11-07 Dismantling Voting Rights Enforcement
- 05-21-07 Voter Rights: Is Robert Popper the Fox Guarding the Henhouse?
And from the Community site, a whole bunch more:
- Keep Yer Vote Thievin' Hans Off (the FEC): Action Alert!
- Investigating Voter Fraud; Disenfranchising Voters -- Now Montana
- Voter Fraud and Fired U.S. Attorney Paul Charlton
- Those pesky U.S. Attorneys who refuse to investigate Voter Fraud
- Voter Fraud, U.S. Attorneys and Republican Integrity
- DOJ Civil Rights Lawyer Receives Cash Award for Suppressing Minority Voters
- Civil Rights Justices -- The real Scandal behind the US Attorneys
In addition, check out this list of US Attorney Daily Updates by cfaller96, which also appeared on the Commnity site.
Here are some links to fact checked articles on the ePluribus Media Journal:
- The original story, where we provided the who, what, where and important background onThe Gonzales Seven
- The background information on the March 2006 reauthorization of Patriot Act's effect and impact on how U.S. Attorneys are appointed, by ClammyC The Alberto Gonzales Appointments: How the Process Has Changed and Why this is so Important
- The lapse of Republican Senators McCain and Kyl's nomination of Diane Humetewa as a replacement for Gonzales Seven Charlton Alberto Gonzales: Gaming the System Again in Arizona?
On the ePluribus Media Community, check out these commentaries:
- Duke1676's speculation on the whys in The Gonzales Seven: Update and Thoughts
- A recap of what we knew about the replacements, with a chart to keep score The Gonzales Seven: The Replacement U.S. Attorneys
- Roxy's piece of Bogden, spotlighting his career as U.S. Attorney, The Gonzales Seven: Spotlight on US Attorney Daniel Bogden's Resignation
Yep -- luaptifer of ePluribus Media has also
been tracking Connell for a while. Here's one of the most recent:
And now, here's a list of additional related items:
- Ken Blackwell Outsources Ohio Election Results to GOP Internet Operatives, Again
- Ohio's election website still sent real-time results to GOP mirror server
- The GOP, GeorgeWBush.com and the line that jumped the Congressional Firewall
- Who is Michael L. Connell? Part I: The Atwater School of Politics
- Who is Mike Connell behind the firewall: Part II
- Rove -ing emails: what else could go missing?
- Any oversight by Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight - www.ofheo.gov?
- Que RICO? - Rove's Contempt of Congress and Connell's Indicted Elite
- Ohio Secretary of State Opposes Opening Lawsuit Alleging Theft of 2004 Election
- Matching Finger Prints: Amassing the Evidence of Electronic Vote Manipulation in Ohion 2004 and Florida 2000
- The Partisan Side of Mike Connell
- Connell, Rove and the GOP Boys, Positioned for McCain?
- Connell, Rove, and the GOP Boys, Positioned for McCain? - Discussion
- Who is Roy Cales and What's his Connection to Mike Connell?
- Bush Wackers Now Wacking for McCain
- Que RICO? - Rove's Contempt of Congress and Connell's Indicted Elite
- Rove Threat to Blackmail GOP IT Mastermind Triggers Immunity Request to Ohio AG by Election Lawyers
- Ohio Attorneys Seek Protection for Mike Connell and his Family against Alleged Threats from Karl Rove
- Where the Ohio 2004 Election RICO Lawsuit is Going, Interview With Attorneys Arnebeck and Fitrakis
- Our Day in Court: Research into Ohio's 2004 Election Misdeed Finally Bearing Fruit
- FreePress: Behind the firewall: Bush loyalist Mike Connell controls Congressional secrets as his email sites serve Karl Rove
- BradBlog: Ohio Attorney Files to Lift Stay on '04 Election Case, Cites Allegations, Evidence of Massive Fraud by a Number of GOP Operatives
- RawStory: GOP cyber-security expert suggests Diebold tampered with 2002 election
- VelvetRevolution.US: Several commentary and original video posts
Wow -- lots of information out there, and a lot of smoke. Some day, folks might decide to clear the smoke -- if they remember that it's there -- and then what kind of interesting new information will we learn?
Here's hoping it helps us avoid the steep decline into a government rife with graft, corruption, cronyism and neglect.
...anywho -- that's today's exercise in the form a trip down memory lane "through the memory hole" -- wasn't it fun?