Accidents Happen: Mike Connell, 45, Dies In Ohio Plane Crash
By GreyHawk and Luaptifer, ePluribus Media
Mike Connell, 45, died in a plane crash in Ohio last night.
You may recognize his name -- he was the president of New Media Communications and GovTech Solutions whose one-side-of-the-aisle clients he serviced on both sides of the government firewall. In concert with SmartTech Corp. and former Ohio Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell (now aspiring to the national GOP Chair), his concurrent architecture of Ohio elections and GeorgeWBush.com moved ePluribusMedia researchers on Election Night 2006 to place Connell's companies on the blurry map of outsourced political governance.
ePluribusMedia has been reporting on Mr. Connell and some of his various and sundry contracts and activities for a while now. One of the most recent stories can be found here:
Make the jump for a more complete list.
[UPDATE: A comprehensive list of ePluribus work on Mike Connell is available at "Mike Connell: A Trail of Questions At the End of the Road" - luaptifer]
Here are some of the pieces that have been written up over time:
- Ken Blackwell Outsources Ohio Election Results to GOP Internet Operatives, Again
- Ohio's election website still sent real-time results to GOP mirror server
- The GOP, GeorgeWBush.com and the line that jumped the Congressional Firewall
- Who is Michael L. Connell? Part I: The Atwater School of Politics
- Who is Mike Connell behind the firewall: Part II
- Rove -ing emails: what else could go missing?
- Any oversight by Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight - www.ofheo.gov?
- Que RICO? - Rove's Contempt of Congress and Connell's Indicted Elite
- Ohio Secretary of State Opposes Opening Lawsuit Alleging Theft of 2004 Election
- Matching Finger Prints: Amassing the Evidence of Electronic Vote Manipulation in Ohion 2004 and Florida 2000
- The Partisan Side of Mike Connell
- Connell, Rove and the GOP Boys, Positioned for McCain?
- Connell, Rove, and the GOP Boys, Positioned for McCain? - Discussion
- Who is Roy Cales and What's his Connection to Mike Connell?
- Bush Wackers Now Wacking for McCain
- Rove Threat to Blackmail GOP IT Mastermind Triggers Immunity Request to Ohio AG by Election Lawyers
- Ohio Attorneys Seek Protection for Mike Connell and his Family against Alleged Threats from Karl Rove
- Where the Ohio 2004 Election RICO Lawsuit is Going, Interview With Attorneys Arnebeck and Fitrakis
- Our Day in Court: Research into Ohio's 2004 Election Misdeed Finally Bearing Fruit
- FreePress: Behind the firewall: Bush loyalist Mike Connell controls Congressional secrets as his email sites serve Karl Rove
- BradBlog: Ohio Attorney Files to Lift Stay on '04 Election Case, Cites Allegations, Evidence of Massive Fraud by a Number of GOP Operatives
- RawStory: GOP cyber-security expert suggests Diebold tampered with 2002 election
- VelvetRevolution.US: Several commentary and original video posts
With a substantial basis in this work, it was little more than a month ago - on the day before the November ballot - that the Ohio election legal team led by Attorney Cliff Arnebeck finally convinced a Federal judge to compel Connell's sworn deposition in matters that could impact results of the 2008 Election (McClatchy News: Computer expert denies knowledge of '04 vote rigging in Ohio).
There are quite a few folks crying foul, and just as many -- perhaps more? -- accusing them of donning (or living inside of) tinfoil hats. Regardless of whether one views the tragic event involving Mr. Connell with a jaundiced eye or not, the fact that Attorney Arneback claims Connell was threatened and which forced him to request protection for him and his family should not be lost on investigators, who need to conduct both a thorough and transparent investigation into what, at the moment, looks like nothing more than tragic accident.
Our thoughts are with Mr. Connell's wife and children during this trying time.
- Karl Rove threatened him, and now the witness is dead by 8ackgr0und N015e of DailyKos
- One of my sources died in a plane crash last night... by Larisa Alexandrovna of at-Largely
- Break-ins plague targets of US Attorneys by Larisa Alexandrovna, Muriel Kane and Lindsay Beyerstein of RawStory