election 2008

Meet "Obama's Mama's Uncle"

Just caught this, a Proud Great Uncle of a Nephew to become the 44th President of the United States!

Jon Payne, Barack Obama's great uncle, watched the election coverage with great anticipation. He was particularly moved when he heard the acceptance speech.

Obama's great uncle talks

Contrast: America

The Differance Is Amazing!!
If McCain Wins, Obama Supporters Predict . . .

At an Obama rally in Columbus, Ohio, ANP asked Obama supporters how they would feel if they wake up on November 5th to find that John McCain has won the election. Produced with Patricia Foulkrod, director of The Ground Truth.

You say Obama is a Muslim?

I really needed this!!

I believe I just hit on our next Texas Common Sense put to Good Writing and Humor, though my guess is he's been around for a while, and that would be one John Kelso.

He carries the above Commentary subject title to his conclusion with I'll call you a 3-watt bulb than adds In fact, in my Arab suit, some Texans might think I'm Barack Obama.

Instructions for Protecting the Count‏

Bev Harris of Black Box Voting sent out a BBV ALERT that some who didn't receive or know about might find very useful for tomorrow, watching the video's had me thinking why do we tend to make things more complicated than they really need to be.

Can All These Joes Be Wrong?

Note: The cartoon is the logo of the real Joe the Plumber in Amarillo. Send him some business, I'm told that he's an Obama guy. If his website takes off because of all this attention maybe he can switch from actual plumbing to an online plumbing advice column. Bob

Overseas American Voters: Military, Civilian, and Kids Old Enough

New online tool to aid with overseas voting is launched

An online tool was launched this week that proponents say will make it easier for overseas Americans to vote if they have requested but not received their absentee ballot.

Users who log on to Overseas Vote Foundation can click on the FWAB link and be prompted for information according to the ZIP code where they are registered to vote.

Election Toolkit 2008

Originally posted 2008-09-03 03:57:11 -- Also note, Luaptifer's link to Scientific American and their study in the comments is very enlightening -- cho.

Upfront: I'm not attached to nor have anything to do with the group below, except as an Old Voting Adult.

Yesterday I received a little booklet in the mail, I'm sure many others have as well. In case you hadn't I thought I'd pass on who sent it and how you can get one.

Obama Clinches Nomination

CNN called the Indiana primary for Clinton at 1 a.m. today with 99% of the vote counted. At that time she had a 2% lead; however more than 1% of the vote in Lake County remained to be counted. He won by large margins in the four counties that Kerry won in 2004--which are considered to be Democratic party strongholds in a state that traditionally votes Republican.

In North Carolina he had a decisive victory with a 14% lead. Taking both elections together his vote count exceeded hers by more than 200,000.

Media Control of Elections Challenged by Elizabeth Edwards and Others.

Updated remark by carol. The New York Times reports that Obama has strongly repudiated Rev. Wright's most recent speeches. Zeff Zeleny writes Obama Says He’s Outraged by Ex-Pastor’s Comments

One of the unsettling features of the Democratic primary campaign has been the way that the media has amplified a racial drum beat, picking up the Clinton camp's "Obama is unelectable" theme. Anyone familiar with the use of code words to hide discriminatory hiring practises or to deny loans to minorities or to restrict access to certain communities, can easily recognize the use of "elite" as a code word. The claim that Obama is too "elite," he can't connect with the white working stiff.

Some powerful hitters are now coming to the fore to expose the arrogance of the media and the ugly message that they are trying to put across. Top on the list is Elizabeth Edwards who had a powerful opinion piece in Sunday's Me York Times Bowling 1, Health Care 0.

FOR the last month, news media attention was focused on Pennsylvania and its Democratic primary. Given the gargantuan effort, what did we learn?

Well, the rancor of the campaign was covered. The amount of money spent was covered. But in Pennsylvania, as in the rest of the country this political season, the information about the candidates’ priorities, policies and principles — information that voters will need to choose the next president — too often did not make the cut.

Open Letter to U.S. Presidential Candidates

Submitted by tapsearcher with a request to cross-post.

The American Dream is Burning not only in the USA but across the globe. If this is a good economy, I would hate to see a bad one. Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans exposed a vast underclass living in a silent depression. The same applies for most of our major cities and towns across the land.

Mike Huckabee: Member of destructive Bill Gothard cult

The more that comes out about Mike Huckabee, the more I get scared.

So far, he's admitted he's part of the "Left Behind" fandom crowd, he's gotten endorsements and help from hate groups (like a pastor linked with "Watchmen On The Walls" who also wants to kick all non-dominionists out of the country), released rapist-killers from prison, wants to change the constitution to make the US a de jure theocracy, snd rather explicitly has invoked "God's Army" in his speeches.

Edwards Support Up 44% This Year. Why Isn't This News?

A picture sometimes really is worth a thousand words...

Rassmussen conducts a daily national tracking poll of all presidential candidates. The latest shows John Edwards picking up significantly more support, since the beginning of the year, than any candidate of either party.

The percent change for Republicans is: Huckabee 18.8% / Giuliani 13.3% / McCain 11.8% / Thompson 8.3% / Romney -6.3%.

So why isn't this news?