So much of the news is often about pain, suffering, trials, tribulations and outright disaster that here's a brief blast of happy news,1 right from the source:
- Miracle Quake Survivor "Relieved" After Rescue
- ShelterBox Mobilizes Quickly for Japanese in Need
- Rotary Helps Earthquake Victims in Christchurch
- Japanese Student Finds Family Alive on YouTube
- Hawaiians Offer Hope and Help for Japan
Mummies' False Toes Show Prosthetics Helped Ancient Egyptians Walk
- Scientists Find Part of New Zealand's Submerged "Pink Terraces"
You can now move on to your additional, supplemental news sources for the more mundane, gory and discomforting events of the day. :)
You may use this as an Open Thread, and the comments below for posting any "happy news" you may have encountered.
1 A brief excerpt of the top international stories found at Happy News late Monday night.