Damn Right I am Fed UP & Angry as a Wet Cat
The man residing at 1600 Pennsylvania is:
- A liar and more here
- A narcissist - decide for yourself (There's a checklist and 45 checks all the boxes)
- A serial adulterer (This is not news)
- A mobster (and more here)
- A criminal - everything points to this
- A White Nationalist (Nazi) - see here, here, here and here (or check the whole list)
This is what we wake up to every morning. While his antics can be entertaining - the way he mangles the English language, the way his pomposity and bluster try to hide his true motives, but his administration is dangerous. His administration includes the colluders in the House and Senate (I am pointing at you Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell) that are not only enabling him, they are encouraging him. Remember Grover Norquist famously said "We're not auditioning for someone to tell us what to do," he declared. "We know what to do. We just need a president who can sign the legislation that the Republican House and Senate pass. … We don’t need someone to think. … We need someone who knows how to hold a pen."
While the media trys to keep us focused on the BULLSHIT, congress is changing America. They are stripping any wealth they can find and giving it to the already wealthy:
- Huge tax cuts
- More huge tax cuts on the table in congress
- the manufactured immigration crisis that has created "internment" camps for FAMILIES and a financial boon for the companies that own the private prison industry.
- The absolute GRAFT of Trump and his Cabinet of Cronies astounds me.
They are decimating climate and endangered species laws:
- Methane emissions
- Carbon emissions
- Shrinking National Monuments
- Hunting bears while they hibernate
- Hunting grizzlies
- Killing wolves
They are waging an all-out war on immigration and women's rights and packing the federal courts with judges that will uphold their villianous schemes. The best that can be said about this period in American history is that it has shown more people the ugly underside of our country -- the bigotry, the mysogony, the xenophobia, and the greed at the top.
It is hard to not be discouraged when you sit and watch the country you love going to hell in the proverbial handbasket. Mornings used to be my favorite part of the day -- a fresh cup of coffee, the furkidz, quiet time to read the news and catch up on the world.
What has happened to our country? We weren't perfect, but this latest addition to the presidential role call is a disgrace. His lack of empathy, his vindictiveness and vulgarity have trickled down to his supporters. There is so much hate and anger in the general populace that I hate to even go to the grocery store these days.