Post Obama-McCain Debate: Are the Far Right Christian Fundamentalists Giving up on Earthly Change this Election Cycle?
I get mail. I have my friends who still inhabit that far right terrain that frankly, try as I might, I don't understand. So I get chainmail forwarded to me, lots and lots of echainmail. It's often full of scorn or righteous anger at the heathens... most of the time I never even open it. But the one below had a curious sad tone of pending defeat to it. Am I reading too much into it?
from chainmail :
TOP 10 PREDICTIONS NO MATTER WHO WINS THE ELECTION
- The Bible will still have all the answers.
- Prayer will still work.
- The Holy Spirit will still move.
- God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
- There will still be God-anointed teaching and healing.
- There will still be singing of praise to God.
- God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
- There will still be room at the Cross.
- Jesus will still love you.
- Jesus will still save the lost.
ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL?!!!!
There's nothing overtly out of line from a religious perspective with these sentiments, of course, but I am curious and looking for your thoughts: Does this email sound like that of a group of folks that think they are going to win the election?