Alan Grayson for President - 2012 write in campaign

Yet another disastrous decision from President Obama. Is he a closet Republican or something? Because I haven't seen even a hint that he cares about the working stiff down here in the rapidly disappearing middle class.

Every so often a flirtatious little wave gets thrown in this general direction and a few poor souls break out in goosebumps shouting, 'He smiled at me!'

It's junior high without the pimples.

I refer, of course, to this evening's spectacular folly of replacing Paul Volcker with Jeffrey Immelt. Yeah. Any liberal worth their salt who still held on to some hint of 'hope' just heard the last final gasp of air hiss out of their progressive balloon.

Obama Taps GE's Immelt for Economy Panel, Replace Volcker
By Julianna Goldman and Rachel Layne, Bloomberg, January 20, 2011

Immelt, a self-described Republican, has emerged as one of Obama’s most visible outside economic advisers. In addition to the summit in India, he was among the executives who met with Obama and Chinese President Hu Jintao on Jan. 19 and later attended the state dinner honoring the Asian leader.

His relationship with Obama wasn’t always close. During the 2008 campaign, Immelt, who counts former President Ronald Reagan as a “personal hero,” donated $2,300 to Obama’s Democratic primary challenger, Hillary Clinton, and $2,300 to Republican presidential nominee, Senator John McCain of Arizona, according to the Washington-based Center for Responsive Politics.

I have this friend. Known him for years. He's a poet. No really. He really is a poet. Anyway, for years he's insisted on not voting even though he's registered. Says the only real choice he has is not to participate.

So I'm thinking come 2012 - I'm going to write in Alan Grayson for President.

No votes yet

Comments

seriously considering exercising my right to NOT vote.