Daily News Digest September 14, 2018

Today's Headlines: 

"I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, said in a statement. "That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision," she said.

"I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities," she added.

Democrats on the committee, expected to oppose the judge, used a rule that allowed them to keep Kavanaugh’s nomination on hold for another week. A vote to move the nomination to the floor is expected to take place on Sept. 20. 

The President of the United States is not fit to hold the office. Every day the Republican majorities in Congress and his infotainment apparatchiks at Fox News prop him up is another day of disgrace for the nation. The president does not care what happens to most anyone, a function of what is one of the clearest cases of malignant narcissism—bordering on what's been called "radical solipsism"—ever seen in a public official. But he particularly does not care what happens to black and brown people, whom he thinks are, at best, hangers-on to the American experience and should just be happy they're allowed to stay.

By the end of business on Wednesday, Nike would close at $83 a share, an all-time high for the company

The Trump administration this summer quietly redirected $200 million from all over the Department of Homeland Security to Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, despite repeated congressional warnings of ICE's "lack of fiscal discipline" and "unsustainable" spending.