Daily News Digest September 27, 2018

This Week's Headlines: 

Ellison told BuzzFeed News that he will submit a request for an ethics investigation in an attempt to clear his name ahead of his planned departure from the House in January. Ellison is running in the state's attorney general race against Republican challenger Doug Wardlow.

“Today I am announcing that I will submit a request for a House Ethics Committee investigation into allegations against me raised by a former partner. I am taking this step now because I am innocent and eager to see this entire matter resolved,” Ellison told the news outlet.

"I don't think it's fair to Brett Kavanaugh, I don't think it's fair to our system, I don't think it's fair to the process," Hatch said.

"I don't think we should put up with it, to be honest with you," he added.

"Yes, please, Mr. Kurd, go ahead" Trump said in a press conference at the United Nations in New York while calling on a journalist. The Kurds are an Iranian ethnic group in the Middle East.

While Trump said Wednesday night that he would “prefer not” to fire Rosenstein — and even indicated he might delay a highly anticipated Thursday meeting at the White House with the deputy attorney general — it’s widely believed that Rosenstein will be out in the near future. The expectation has led the Trump administration to start searching for conflict-free officials who can take over Rosenstein’s myriad and politically charged responsibilities.