Open Thread - 'What went wrong in Ohio?' 2004 Edition

Last week, attorneys filed a new brief in the King Lincoln Bronzeville v. Blackwell case alleging adverse effect on their clients' civil rights by the official conduct of the 2004 presidential election, in Ohio.

The 259 page filing (3.5 megabyte PDF @ Moritz Election Law) includes several items of interest to ePluribus Media researchers whose membership are expressly recognized after reporting the first evidence placing Ohio's vote count in the networks of the Republican IT service provider, SMARTech Corp, during 2004 and 2006 elections. 

Bob Fitrakis is an attorney of the King Lincoln Bronzeville team and edits The Free Press where he reported on key exhibits in the filing

Fitrakis reviewed the contracts made by Ohio SOS Ken Blackwell and GovTech Solutions towards building the voter database mandated by HAVA and that brought SMARTech into the election night picture.  But he made speical note of the Ohio Secretary of State's network architecture schematic identifying potential points of failure iin the 2004 election night data systems.  I was also interested in the unsealed transcript of Mike Connell's 2008 deposition taken the day before Senator Obama defeated his boss, Sen. McCain.  

Referring to the same network architecture, Mike Connell said, "To the best of my knowledge, it was not a fail-over case scenario – or it was not a failover situation."

There's much more to be found in the filing, itself, but what is made clear in this legal process is the conclusion that the story yet remains unfinished.

Open threads are here today and gone tomorrow. What do you think?

No votes yet

Comments

I have been reading Mike's deposition.... As I read the questions and his answers I began to wonder if the light was slowly dawning on Mike as to just what was going on and around him. Was he the kind of guy that did his work, stayed to himself, took home his paycheck? I got to page 56 and quit for the day. It appears to me that a lot of information could and should be followed up. The names of others...where are they now...alive?